Released to Clients on 12/13/2018
This release includes the following additions and modifications to functionality:
Appraisal Cards and accompanying appraisal card reports can now be printed to PDF individually by PID where the file name includes the PID:
- A new check box ‘Print to PDF’ is added to each dialog. When check box ‘Print to PDF’ is checked, Appraisal Cards are printed to PDF individually by PID.
- System prints the selected reports (Appraisal Card, BP Report) to one pdf for each Property.
The Appraisal Card PDF files will be saved under the PACS Event Objects Location ‘PDF’.
Tools>Event Object Maintenance
The name of each PDF file will be like:
Appraisal Card _ Property ID _PACS generated sequence number.
Appraisal Card PDF file names for Property 11047 12050, 13080:
100, 101, 102 are PACS generated sequence numbers.
Building Permit report will be attached to the end of each Appraisal Card.
PACS currently generate Building Permit Report from ‘Print Appraisal Card’ dialog if the following conditions are met:
The ‘Print BP Report’ checkbox is checked and
Card Type is ‘Field Review Card’ and
There are at least 3 Active Building Permits associated with this property
This project will follow the same rule to generate Building Permit Report when ‘Print to PDF’ is checked.
- System will present the following Message Box to inform user when the print job is complete.
Currently, the far right corner shows the Appraised Value for the Appraisal current year and the Last Yr Value. This project adds and option to display a 3rd year value so it would show the value (current year) the value (last year) and the value (prior year).
This project adds the ability to view the arbitrator’s details and Phone numbers similar to the owner/agent info in ‘Arbitrated By’ on the General tab. ‘Details’ and ‘Phones’ buttons are added under the ‘Arbitrator Assigned’ text Box.
User clicks ‘Details’ button under Arbitrator Assigned:
- Opens details of the arbitrator account
User clicks ‘Phones’ button under Arbitrator Assigned:
- Opens listing of phone numbers on the arbitrator’s account.
- Allows edit of phone numbers
The comptrollers form used to have the Cad and Plaintiff Arbitrator but it has changed and these are no longer on there and we do not use them. The following fields are removed from the Arbitration Information view:
- CAD Arbitrator
- Plaintiff Arbitrator
Add an option to store a builder for an improvement. This will include a code file to maintain integrity of the data in the field.
- PACS Appraisal under Tool-> Code File Maintenance -> General -> Builder Codes. The menu option will be available only to user with user right ‘Codefile Maint: Builder Code use’.
- Clicking the Builder Codes menu option launches Builder Code Maintenance dialog that lists all the Builders setup as shown in screen shot below.
- The grid will list the Code, Description, and indicate if the code is Active for each builder code.
- Code – up to 10 characters
- Description – up to 50 characters
- Inactive –
– Unchecked by default on new codes
– When ‘Inactive’ checkbox is checked and the Builder Code is in use, a inactivation confirmation message will be presented to the CAD user with ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ buttons.
– If ‘Yes’ is selected, the inactive checkbox will remain checked.
– If ‘No’ selected inactive checkbox will be unchecked.
- When a User attempts to remove a Builder Code that is in use, a message displays notifying the User that the code in use and cannot be deleted.
- Add a Builder drop down control to Property – Improvement Tab in PACS Appraisal for Real and Mobile Properties as shown in the screen shot below.
- The drop down will list all the active Builder codes available along with the one already setup for the property, even if it’s now inactive.
- The CAD user must have the ‘Edit Builder Code’ user right to edit the Builder field. Since the Builder assignment is at a property level, it will be available for editing in all years.
- Add a Builder drop down control to Create Property Wizard – Improvement page in PACS Appraisal for Real and Mobile Properties as shown in the screen shot below.
- The drop down will list all the active Builder codes.
- The CAD user must have the ‘Edit Builder Code’ user right to edit the Builder.
- Mass Update is modified for the new builder field.
- Added under Property table to allow mass update property builder.
- Available for users have rights ‘Edit Builder Code’.
- Mapped to PACS field [property].builder_code.
- Mass updating ‘Builder’ code is allowed even if the property is ARB Submission locked.
- PACS Appraisal>Activities>Mass Maintenance>Mass Update>Add
- Quick Entry is modified for the new builder field.
- Added under Property table to allow mass update (Quick entry) property builder.
- Available for users have rights ‘Edit Builder Code’.
- Mapped to PACS field [property].builder_code.
- Mass updating ‘Builder’ code is allowed even if the property is ARB Submission locked.
- PACS Appraisal>Activities>Mass Maintenance>Quick Entry
- Appraisal Card/Field Review Card is modified to have Property Builder Code printed. The property builder code is printed under the Appraisal Card/Field Review Card General section.
- Appraisal Card – General Section:
- Field Review Card – General Section:
- Property Builder code is made available in GIS Layer attribute. A new column [builder_code] is added to table [gis_property_info]
We would like to add Search by Situs Zip to the Comparable Land Search. This should work the same as what was added to the Res Comp search in Release 8.1.28.
- RESIDENTIAL COMPARABLES LIMIT BY NBHD PROFILE
Added the ability to limit sales comparable search to the sample of sales utilized in the neighborhood profile associated to the subject property. The sample is expected to exclude properties flagged as outliers in the profile.
The intent is to use the same criteria in the sales comparable search dialog that was used to create the NBHD profile. The user will be able to further filter the sales sample with the sales comparable search dialog.
Once the sales are in the grid, the user can continue to add comparables [Add Comp] from the NBHD sales sample and to add properties [Add Property] outside of the NBHD profile sample.
NOTE: It is expected that the client will create individual grids manually in order to take advantage of this new functionality.
- Allow option to load the NBHD profile search criteria:
- Open the “Manage Comparable Sales Grids” dialog from Property -> Comparables -> Manage Sales Comparables.
- Select the “Create Residential Grid” button to open the, “Comparables / Property Search” dialog.
- Select the, “Load” button to open the, “Load Comparable Sales Criteria” dialog.
- A new checkbox will be added next to the “Search” button to allow the end user to load the criteria from the neighborhood profile, if it exists. Also, when selecting this dialog from a subject property, the property ID will already be loaded into the “Subject Property” text field.
- When “Load” is clicked with the new option selected, the “Comparables / Property Search” dialog (below) will be populated with the data selections saved from the neighborhood profile from which this property resides. If no neighborhood profile exists for this property, then a warning message will be displayed that there is no neighborhood profile for the subject property chosen.
- Allow user to modify loaded search criteria while still limiting search results to profile sample properties
- From the previous requirement, the user has opened the, “Comparables / Property Search” dialog from a subject property and the neighborhood option was chosen. The end user will be allowed to modify these search criteria to limit the results or expand the results as they see fit. However, the results of the search will still only search within the properties included in the neighborhood profile.
- This project will also modify the Sales Ratio report to allow an option limiting to NBHD profile properties.
- “Sales Ratio Report Wizard”, select the Reports -> Sales Analysis -> Sales Ratio Report menu item
- A new radio option will be added to load the criteria for a sales ratio report from a Neighborhood Profile. The option will operate similarly to the, “Load Report Settings” button. However, after selecting the neighborhood code, the wizard will move through the following criteria loaded from the neighborhood profile:
- State Codes
- School Codes
- Sale Types
- Sale Date Range
- Sale Ratio Codes
NOTE: Note that the wizard currently only moves through four criteria before reaching the final step of the wizard, and it does include a checkbox for “Include Deleted Properties” on the sort step of the wizard. This checkbox will be checked/unchecked depending upon the selected profile.
- When running the Sales Ratio report, a new configuration will determine if the report is limited to a NBHD profile. From Tools -> Comparable Property -> Sales Ratio Settings the configuration will control the output of the report.
- SEARCH BY ADDITIONAL NAME
Currently, the ‘Owner Search’ field in the Activities > Enter Exemptions wizard populates with the first name of the owner but allows the user to type in the field to search for owners has the exemption DV, DP, HS or OV65; when the search is performed, it appears to be a ‘begins with’ search type.
This project made the following enhancements to the Exemption wizard:
- Add a label ‘File As:’ to the owner search box. The text entered into ‘File As’ is used to search for matching text from
- Add a 2nd search box ‘Additional Name:’ The text entered into ‘Additional Name’ is used to search for matching text from
- Add an option for user to select how the search works for ‘File As’ and ‘Additional Name’. The combo box is populated with the following match types:
- Begins With
- Contains All Words
- Contains Any Word
- Contains Exact Phrase
The search fields are inclusive, where if both fields have criteria entered the search is performed to match the criteria in both fields.
- Added a column in the results return grid to display
addr_line1 as ‘Additional Name’
- Updated Owner Name column to ‘File As’ to clarify search field
- PROPERTY WARNING REDUCED OCCURRENCES
Currently, when an account exists in the future year a pop-up warning to the user appears when the account is opened. A warning is important, but even after the user acknowledges it and clicks ‘OK’ they are forced to have to continually do so as they navigate through screens of the account.
User is made aware of future year property status without repeated pop-up dialogs:
- Notify upon opening the property
- If opening the property as a modal dialog (i.e., you can’t click elsewhere in PACS until the Property dialog is closed), then there will not be a prompt to open the property in the Future Year. This allows the change to be applied to other cases, such as recalculation and opening protests from the property. The intent is to not display the warning once a property is opened and the user is working in that property.
- If opening the property as non-modal (i.e., you can click elsewhere in PACS while the Property is displayed), then there will be a prompt to open the property in the Future Year, where applicable.
- When viewing a Property in the current appraisal year the title bar will display whether the property exists in the Future Year.
- For the following fields, a User can enter a code or a comma separated list of codes into the search field and search will use the codes entered to return results. The User can still select from code list, as exists:
- State Code
NOTE: There is an option to create a custom list from the search and save the selection of codes. The drop down is used to display and select the custom list of codes, not to display a list of all codes to select from.
- User sees a distinct NBHD code in the code chooser for search criteria and the list defaults to the current appraisal year.
LAND INVENTORY/DCF TAX AMOUNT CHANGE
The original client request had a different calculation than expected. This project corrects that.
- The original requirements have this formula: ‘=SUM((+H10/100)*$B$20) where H10 column header is Gross Sales Proceeds and B20 is the Tax Rate entered.
- The calculation should be: Tax amount = ((Lot Inventory*Avg Price)/100)*Tax rate per $100
- No other changes are made.
- PROPERTIES FROM REFERENCE
It is not uncommon for users to have to create a great volume of new accounts that reside at the same location (example: flea markets).
A Reference account that includes all the information that is the same for each account is created and then used to create the additional accounts. There are multiple fields that are currently not copied to the new accounts. The following have been added.
- Property Group Codes
- Property Links – linking from reference to created property
- AGENT ADDING TO PRIOR YEARS
Agent Mass Maintenance function is modified by this project to allow user to add agent to prior years for multiple accounts:
- Without having to open each property and put in supplement mode, then add the agent
- This would require the ability to put all properties into supplement mode at the same time
PACS Appraisal>Activities>Mass Maintenance>Agent
- Change the Year text box to a combo box. The Year combo box is populated with PACS years. User is allowed to select any prior year.
User select the prior year ->User select the Agent->User select the properties->User click ‘Apply’
- When a certified year is selected, if any selected properties need to be supplemented in that year, the following wizard is displayed:
User click ‘Yes’, the Supplement Wizard is displayed. Select the Supplement option, Supplement Data, Supplement Code, Supplement Reason, click ‘Next’ to supplement and add the selected agent.
- UPDATE PROPERTY GROUP CODE WHEN ARB LOCKED
This project allows a user to update Property Group Codes when the property value has been captured and the system setting indicates the property should be locked once submitted:
Tools > ARB Maintenance > System Settings…
Prop Group Codes are allowed to be updated when accounts are ARB Locked:
UPDATE PRIMARY SITUS
- Situs – A new table ‘Property Situs’ is added to allow updating an existing primary situs.
- The following fields are added under table ‘Property Situs’
- City – Map to field situs.situs_city
- City/State/Zip – ‘City/State/Zip’ is Code file driven, mapped to three data base fields:
- Number – Map to field situs.situs_number
- State – Map to field situs.situs_state
- Street – Map to field situs.situs_street
- Street Prefix – Map to field situs.situs_prefx
- Street Prefix/Name/Suffix – Field ‘Street/Prefix/Name/Suffix’ is Code file driven, mapped to three fields:
- All new fields added under Mass Maintenance/Mass Update are also added under Mass Maintenance/Quick Entry.
MASS ADD/REMOVE SITUS
- A new menu item ‘Situs’ is added under Mass Maintenance to allow users to mass add or remove situs addresses from properties.
- Users select the criteria, enter situs fields, select ‘Add’ or ‘Remove’ to Mass Add/Remove Situs from properties
MASS ADD EVENTS
- A new menu item ‘Event’ is added under Mass Maintenance to allow mass add event to properties.
- Users select the criteria, select ‘Event Type’ to Mass Add Event to properties.
- User can attach files to event by clicking ‘Add’ button next to ‘Attached Objects’ Grid.
UPDATE PERSONAL PROPERTY
- Add the following fields to Mass Maintenance:
- Alt DBA – DBA exists under Property field option. ‘ALT DBA’ is mapped to PACS field: property.alt_dba_name
- Legal – A new field ‘Legal’ is added under table ‘Personal Property’ to allow mass updating Legal field. This new field is mapped to PACS field property_val.legal_desc
- EMAIL SUPPRESS OPTION
- Currently, in the Online Portal for Online Appeals, the only Email that clients have control of sending or suppressing, is the change on protest status Email. Staff needs the ability to suppress other Emails also. For example, an email is sent when the protest is scheduled in PACS and another email is sent when the ‘Notice to Appear’ is published. This is redundant, and only one email is needed so we would like to be able to suppress one of them.
- A new option is added to each email customizable in PACS:
- Existing configuration to send email notification on protest status change will be unchanged by this project. This setting controls more than the customized emails configurable in PACS. Emails can be suppressed through the new UI changes.
NOTE: If this setting is unchecked, NO emails will be sent.
- ADMIN ACCESS TO TAXPAYERS
Currently in the Online Portal for the Admin Tool, when the Admin user is completed with the account, there is no way to return to the admin account search page. The admin user must log out of the Taxpayer account and return to the log in screen. The Admin user must log in again in order to assist the next taxpayer. This is not effective for business processes of helping taxpayers throughout the day.
User logs in with admin access and can choose to view site as taxpayer:
Once viewing the account, a NEW menu item displays in the admin login:
Home will return the user to the admin access home page:
Selecting ‘Taxpayers’ will return to the search page to enter criteria:
- OFFER SEND NOTIFICATION IN PACS
The existing behavior of the “Apply” button in PACS has caused confusion when generating settlement offers from the protest.
Upon accessing the protest dialog in PACS, the OK and Apply buttons are disabled.
Appraiser makes changes to the protest, the OK and Apply buttons are enabled. Appraiser enters settlement offer and clicks OK. The OK button initiates saving changes, sending the offer and exiting the protest dialog.
Appraiser makes changes to the protest, the OK and Apply buttons are enabled. Appraiser clicks Apply. Appraiser enters settlement offer and clicks OK. The OK button initiates saving changes, sending the offer and exiting the protest dialog.
Appraiser makes changes to the protest, the OK and Apply buttons are enabled. Appraiser clicks Apply. Appraiser enters settlement offer and clicks Apply. The Apply button initiates saving changes, sending the offer but the protest dialog remains on the screen. The buttons OK and Apply are disabled. Cancel is enabled.
Based on the Windows user interface architecture of the Apply/OK buttons, changes will not be made to how the actions are initiated from these buttons. The appraisers need to be warned before an offer is sent when clicking Apply and take the appropriate action, either continue or return to the protest for additional review/changes.
- A checkbox is added to the EFile Configuration dialog to control settlement offer notification. It will be unchecked by default.
- When ‘Manual Settlement Offer’ notification is enabled, a notification will display when a settlement offer has been prepared but not yet saved, and OK and Apply button is clicked.
- The following confirmation dialog with ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ will be presented to the user.
- Clicking the ‘Yes’ button, will continue with the existing saving process.
- Clicking the ‘No’ button, will return the user to whatever ARB protest tab the user was last on.
- When ‘Manual Settlement Offer’ notification is enabled, a notification will display when a settlement offer has been prepared but not yet saved, and the ‘Cancel’ button is clicked.
- The user will be prompted with a confirmation message to inform the user of the online settlement offer that was prepared.
- Clicking the ‘Yes’ button, will continue to cancel. Clicking the ‘No’ button, will return the user to whatever ARB protest tab the user was last on.
OFFER DELAY OPTION
From the Taxpayer experience, being able to set a delay is helpful when using automatic settlement, so that the Settlement Offer does not appear instantaneous. This can lead to the perception that the offer was generated without careful consideration of all facts.
For internal use, it could be possible to review the offers before actual submission to the Taxpayer.
Staging job still ultimately controls display of data on the website. The delayed notification will not control display of the offer outside of the configured staging job schedule.
NOTE: once the offer is submitted [where the PACS user clicks Apply/OK from the protest] there is no way to stop the offer from being published to the website and the taxpayer being notified.
- A configuration is added to EFile Configuration dialog for ‘Delay Sending Settlement Offer’
- Field limits exist:
- Days: 0 – 30 days
- Hours: 0-23 hours
- Minutes: 0 – 59 minutes
- When ‘Delay Offer Publishing’ configuration is on, manual and automatic settlement offers are displayed online and the associated emails or notifications are sent only after the delay duration has lapsed. The system publishes via the staging job. When delay is setup, publishing will occur on the next run of the staging after the duration of the delay specified.
ADDITIONAL OFFER OPTIONS
Taxpayers often submit incomplete protests. Protests are reviewed by the appraiser based on the data the property owner provided. Often times a taxpayer will not furnish the appropriate data until after a low offer or no offer is extended to them. The ability to make a second offer would expedite these circumstances.
In addition, appraisers occasionally make a mistake in the offer amount. The ability to send a corrected offer would allow the CAD to address the incorrect offer.
- Three configurations are added to the E-File Configuration dialog as show in the screen shot below. The fields allow flexibility for offices who want to facilitate additional offers.
- Allow Additional Offers – This checkbox will control the availability of the other two additional offer related configurations.
- Number of Additional Offers – When ‘Allow Additional Offer’ is checked, the field will default to blank. And user can input the number of additional offers. A minimum of 1 is required.
- Require Evidence Upload For Additional Offer – This checkbox is available when ‘Evidence Upload’ and ‘Allow Additional Offer’ fields are configured.
- The existing Online Settlement Offer selection will be replaced with a UI that will allow a CAD user to make additional settlement offers. From the protest view’s Values panel, the CAD user will be able to make the initial offer and any additional offer, if permissible.
Online Settlement Offers grid
- The settlement offer grid will list all prepared and generated offers with the most recent one on the top.
- The grid itself is not editable but will display a new row for each offer prepared.
- Columns display the details of each offer:
- Date: Date & time on which the settlement was prepared
- Type: Offer or No Offer
- Offer: Displays Offer Amount entered
- No Offer: Displays beginning Market Value
- Accepted/Rejected: Accepted, Rejected or blank
- Due to the SQL jobs running between PACS and the online portal, an additional offer could prepared in PACS after a taxpayer has accepted online but before the SQL jobs have updated PACS
- In this case, the additional offer would be discarded once the SQL jobs complete.
- The grid displays ‘Yes’, when a previous offer was accepted online.
- Prepare New Offer
- This button allows a new offer to be prepared.
- The button is available only under the following conditions:
- Online Appeals is configured
- Protest was filed online
- Protest isn’t closed
- User has required user rights
- Hearing hasn’t been scheduled
- No accepted offer exists in PACS
- Numbers of existing offers is less the total number of offers permitted.
- New settlement offer hasn’t been prepared yet
- If ‘Require Evidence Upload for Additional Offer’ is configured, evidence has been uploaded online and is available in PACS.
- A new dialog will be launched for the offer details to be entered. See DETAILS bullet point below
- Clear New Offer –
- Previously, the offer amount was a text field. If the user wanted to clear the field before saving [OK/Apply in the protest], he would simply highlight and delete the offer. In order to maintain the functionality in the grid implementation a button was added.
- The ‘Clear New Offer’ button allows the user to clear a newly prepared offer. When CAD user highlights a newly created offer which has not been saved to the protest in PACS [OK/Apply] this button is available.
- Details –
- When CAD user selects any settlement offer the ‘Details’ button is available.
- Clicking the ‘Details’ button will launch the ‘Offer Online Settlement’ dialog, as will double clicking a settlement offer row.
- The fields displayed in the box are retained from the original offer UI. No changes have been made to how these fields behave.
- Push to Appraiser Assigned
- The button is enabled when a CAD user has ‘Appraiser Assigned’ radio button selected and value is empty. Further all of the conditions applicable to ‘Prepare New Offer’ button are also applicable in enabling this button.
- When enabled this button allows the user to push the offer amount to ‘Appraiser Assigned Value’ field.
- The Online Appeals website will continue to display only a single offer, being the most recent offer prepared, accepted or rejected. Discarded offers will not display online.
- When the protest is closed, the Online Settlement Offer section will look like the screen shot below. A CAD user will not be able to make any further offers. The ‘Details’ button is enabled and will launch the ‘Offer Online Settlement’ dialog, as will double clicking a settlement offer row.
- The protest search will be modified to add the ability to search protests by the last evidence uploaded. Now Settlement Offer search is also limited to the last settlement date.
- A column for the ‘Last Evidence Uploaded’ will be available to display in the search results list.
- Process partial payments when included in the payment import file:
- Partial payment refers to only amounts imported less than the amount due on the property using the effective date of the import.
- Overpayments or overpayment – refund, even within the system variance will be rejected through the existing process.
- Modify ‘Prepare’ process to recognize partial payments (less than amount due) and not reject those.
- Imported Payments Report displays examples of accepted partial payments and rejected overpayments:
The Deed Sales information on Property Access is not matching the Deed Sales information in PACS.
- There are two issues as indicated in the attached document from the client.
- Issue#1 (Ordering) – We have ordered these by deed date historically. The client would like them to be ordered by the sequence num as shown in PACS.
- Issue#2 (Missing Record) – The export was returning records with sequence num less than 3 only. The example property skipped from sequence 1 to sequence 3 so only 2 records were available in property access. The export was modified to take top 3 regardless of sequence num for each property.
- EVIDENCE CONFIGURATION WITH PROTEST REASON
A request was made to allow protest evidence to be created by the type of protest filed. Additional configuration is added to allow evidence packets to correspond to a protest reason or multiple protest reasons.
PACS Appraisal>Tools>ARB Maintenance>Default Evidence Configuration…
- Option added to configure default ARB packets by Protest Reason.
- The intent is to allow configuration for Market and Equity protests, following how online appeals allows protests on those 2 reasons (Q01 & Q02).
- PACS does not limit to only those reasons in the evidence packet configuration since it can be used for protests not filed online, as well.
- When evidence packet is generated, match on protest reason(s) assigned to the protest.
- A protest can have multiple reasons assigned
- Configuration will be expected for each protest reason combination needed to meet client needs inclusive of existing criteria, order of each configuration will be important and the responsibility of the CAD user:
- A configuration for a single protest reason will be used to match a protest filed where that reason exists; unless
- A configuration exists for multiple protests reasons where all reasons exist
- FIELD FOCUS IS NOT VISIBLE OR INDICATED (38825) –
Recently, users have noticed if you click in the field the cursor is visible, but tabbing through the fields shows no indication in the fields and cursor is not visible. Leaving a field or tabbing out of the detail field and you can’t tell where the cursor or focus is. You won’t see any field indicator until you keep tabbing to another field, like a date field.
This is controlled by a System Setting. Alternatively, the user can press the Alt key and that “should” take care of it, too, although they might have to tab out of the current field first.
- Windows 10
- Settings->Ease of Access->Keyboard->Change how keyboard shortcuts work->Underline access keys when available should be turned “On”
- Windows 7
- Control Panel->View by: Small Icons (or Large Icons)->Ease of Access Center->Make the keyboard easier to use->Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts->”Underline keyboard shortcuts and access key” should be checked.
- ADDED TO PERSONAL AND MINERAL
The value status fields added previously to real property are now available on other property types; mineral, personal, auto, SIT.
Property Search and Mass Maintenance recognize the fields on all property types.