1.Prerequisites for Payment Import
2.Set Partial Payment Option
An option exists in the Payment Import process to allow clients to turn off or on the function to allow partial payments.
- Browse to Tools>Set Payment Options
- User may check Accept Imported Partial Payments
3.Importing The File
Importing the File
Important: User must have payment file from vendor in the correct layout saved to their server. If user saves the file to their individual desktop, the system will not recognize the file.
- In PACS Collections, user will go to File > Import > Payment File
- This new option will launch the Import Payment dialog.
- Using the ellipses button, the user can browse and select the text payment file provided by the payment vendor.
- This will initiate a preview for the key pieces of information in the first 4 records.
- The Import Info button, when clicked, causes the payment file to be imported, creating a payment Import Run and populating the appropriate PACS database tables.
Note: During the import payment process, any duplicate records are discarded and invalid dates are identified. For example: payment_init_date and settlement_date
4.Viewing the Import
Viewing the Import
- In PACS Collections, user will go to View Imports button.
Important: At this point, user has NOT pulled payments into the system. It has simply staged the file into the system.
- This will take user to a the Payment Run List dialog box.
5.Preparing the Import Run
Preparing the Payment Import Run.
The user is at the Payment Import run dialog box.
- User will right-click in dialog window and choose Prepare Run.
- The prepare run option will find the amount due for each property that is to be paid.
- When all payments in run have been prepared, the message “Payment Run Information has been Prepared” will display.
- User will be prompted to use or override the effective posting date
- User may click ‘Accept Partial Payment’ if they desire to have run accept partial payments in file.
- Click Prepare
IMPORTANT: The following are the payment date rules:
Posting Date Not Overridden: When the settlement date for a payment is invalid or empty, the captured run posting date is used as the payment date.
Posting Date Overridden: When overridden, the posting date entered by the user is used for the payment date on all the payments being imported in the given run regardless of a valid settlement date.
- When all payments in the run have been prepared, the message “Payment Run Information has been Prepared” will display.
Additionally, the columns will populate in the payment process screen:
- Number of records accepted
- Number of records rejected
- Amount imported
- Amount accepted
- Status code
NOTE: Users may see payments rejected, which can be caused by several issues. Below are a few examples:
- Overpayments are always rejected
- Quarter Pays
- When a property being paid does not exist in one or more years.
- If the tender type is invalid or doesn’t match the configuration
- Partial payments if not configured to accept those
Any rejected payments will have to be manually addressed and entered as appropriate.
6.Review Payment Import Reports
User should review reports to get detailed information about the payment information imported into they system.
- To review reports with payment details, highlight the run, right click and select Print Reports
User has options to review two reports:
- Rejected payments – Report with all rejected payments listed from selected run.
- Accepted payments – Report with all accepted payments listed from selected run.
- Both – Report with all payments listed from selected run (rejected and accepted)
7.Cancel a Run
To cancel a run that was imported, user will:
- Highlight the run > right click > Cancel Run
This will result in canceling the run that is currently imported in the system.
Note: If the payments are posted, the option to cancel will NOT be an option.
8.Paying the Run
In order to pay the run, user will:
- Highlight run in the payment run list
- Right click > Select Pay Run
- A Pay Imported Payments dialog box will render
- Run ID – Run identifier
- Accepted Payment Count – shows user the count of the payments acceptedRejected payment
- Count – shows user the count of the payments rejected
- Accepted Amount Due/Import – shows the user the dollar amount being accepted
- View Accepted – this will show user the details of the payments being accepted
- Detail – this will show user the details of the payments being rejected.
- In order to pay the run, user will:
- Click the Post button
User will view the Post Imported Payment Run ID dialog box
- Click Change Batch – this allows a user to choose the batch to process the payments
- Select active batch or create a new batch
- Click OK
- Posting Date –
- User will select posting date override box and change date if the date of the posting date needs to be changed.
Note: The effective posting date for the run will be used unless there is a settlement date imported. If the effective posting date for the run was overridden, the date entered will supersede the imported settlement date.
- Print Receipt checkbox – the user will select if they want to generate receipts for accepted payments posted.
- Click Post button to complete the payment run.Once the payment has been posted, the status on the run in the Payment Import Run list will change to paid .