1.Exporting Collections Data
Use this procedure to convert tax information in your database to a text file that can be copied to a disk or emailed. The information in the export file may be sent, to tax attorneys so they can generate delinquent notices and to Tax Net, or other companies requesting data, that have the capability to read the file and extract the data based on the collections layout. This option is also used for validation of data prior to performing the end of month reporting.
- In PACS Collections, choose File > Export > Collections Data.
- In the Export Options section of the Export Collection Information dialog box, choose from the following options as required:
- Entities – Click the ellipsis button to choose from a list of available entities.
- Year – Select either the Current year or Delinquent prior year from the drop-down list. Leave the box unchecked. if you want all years included. PACS considers the most recent tax year the current year until the next levy bills are created. For example, 2018 bills are considered the current year bills until 2019 bills are created.
- Exclude Bill Adjustment Codes – Click the ellipsis button to choose from a list of available bill adjustment codes.
- Include Property Types – Click the ellipsis button to choose from a list of available property types.
- Include Paid Bills – Check this box if you wish to include Paid bills on the Export file.
- Include Bills with Refund Due – Includes bills with unpaid refunds due
- Exclude non-delinquent quarter and half pay bills
- Click the ellipsis next to the Export Path field to navigate to the system folder where you want to save the export file and click Save in the Save As dialog box.
- Select the As of Date. This date determines the cutoff for payments and adjustments to be included in the data. All days prior to the As Of Date must be closed. If any days are not closed, a warning displays
- In the Export Report Totals section, select either Print Totals or Preview Totals.
- To generate an event and record this event on properties and/or entities included in the export, select Generate Event.
- To begin processing, click Export.
- When it’s done processing, press the <Ok> buttons and export files will be saved to the location you specified, and the totals report will appear in a window:
A validation of information is performed prior to the data being written out to the file. If any errors are found within the data a message will be displayed stating export errors are found. If this message is received key in a ticket regarding the message. The data will then be corrected so the export can be generated. After data validation checks complete successfully, the elapsed time is displayed while records are selected. Then, a progress bar displays while the data is being written to a file.Two files are created from the export. They are named coll.dat and coll.txt.
To return to PACS, click Close after the totals are previewed or printed.