1.How to use Legal Descriptions in PACS
Legal Descriptions may be manually entered or user may configure PACS to auto build Legal Descriptions. This manual will focus on configuring the Auto Build functional
2.Legal Description at the Property Level
Legal Descriptions describe the property and is made up of several items including but not limited to: Abstract subdivision, Block, Track, Lot, Unit, Legal Acreage, Condo %, or Township information.
At the Property Level, the Legal Description is found under the Legal Description band.
- Open Property
- Click Legal Description band
The Legal Description may be manually entered as shown here or if the Auto Build Legal Configuration is complete, user may click the ‘Auto Build Legal’ checkbox and the system will build the legal description for the individual property.
3.Auto Build Legal Configuration
User may set up the configuration to build legal descriptions automatically.
- Browse to PACS Application button, choose Tools>Auto Build Legal Configuration
- Select Type – choose Abstract, Condo, Mineral Property, Mobile Home, Subdivision, Township. If user chooses to use the auto build legal option, we highly recommend creating a template for all types.
- In the grid section, user will build the legal description
- Include – Check to include in legal description
- Prefix – include text to add prefix or wording. Example: Prefix = BLOCK
- Description – description of code
- Suffix – include text to add suffix or wording.
- Delimiter – None, 1 space, 2 space, 3 space, comma, semicolon
- Move up – highlight legal description item, click move up to move the item
- Move down – highlight legal description item, click move down to move the item
- The blue box under the grid will show example of how legal description will appear on property.
- Click OK.
4.Updating All Properties to use Auto Build Legal
When the user configures the legal description template, they will push the change to all properties.
- Browse to PACS Application button, choose Activities>Mass Maintenance (Property)>Update All Legal Descriptions
- User will receive a confirmation dialog box, click Yes to continue or No to cancel the process
- User may track progress in InBox. PACS will notify when the process is completed.