1.Accessing Connections in PACS
Purpose: Creating a connection to access PACS database and information therein.
- Click the PACS Application icon
- The Login Screen Appears
- My Connections – this list current connections existing in PACS
- Edit Connections – click to create a new connection then click New
- Name – name the connection. Example: PACS_Test; PACS_OLTP.
- Site Server – the name of the server to connect to
- Site Environment – Type the environment ID to connect to. Typically, Default.
- Middle Tier Environment
- 0 = pacs_oltp
- 1 = pacs_test
- Remote User – check this if user will access the server remotely
- Windows User Name – dependant on office procedures
- Windows Password
- Windows Domain – PACS
- Use Domain Authentication – dependant on office procedures
- SQL User Name
- SQL Password
- Application theme – user may choose blue or black as themes. Generally, they use different color them for production vs test.
- Click Save
- Test Connection – this allows user to test the connection. They will receive a validation message indicating of test connection was successful or not successful. If validation fails, the system will give the user notification of what to correct, see below: