1.What is Form 11 Processing in PACS?
What is Forms 11 Processing in PACS ?
Property appraisers determine the market value of each parcel of property as of January 1 for each assessment year. Assessment years for Missouri real property are every odd numbered year. For personal property, every year is an assessment year. They apply all valid classifications and assessment limitations to determine each property’s taxable value, or relative tax burden.
As this taxable value is established throughout the year the Property Appraiser is required to report the data to various agencies. This allows the agencies to establish budgets and tax rates that are required by the Property Appraiser to calculate taxes. The Property Appraiser is required to report their data to the state so that the state can validate the work done by the Property Appraiser’s office. In addition the Property Appraiser is required to notify the Taxpayer of their property value. Finally the Property Appraiser is required to send the final product to the Tax Collector so taxes can be collected.
These activities are handled through the Roll Certification process. The Roll Certification process contains the following phases:
Preliminary Certification (Form 11)
Preliminary Certification takes place in late May and early June:
- Submission of the Assessment Roll to the state.
- Preliminary Notification of Values to the Tax Districts.
- Assessment Notice Mail Out in early April (can possibly be in preliminary certification prep state)
Roll Certification (From 11A)
Roll Certification takes place in early August (first or second week):
- Submission of the assessment roll to the state (updated values)
- Roll is certified to the Tax Collector and Tax Districts.
2.Prerequisites before beginning Certification
Back up of Database (Optional)
While we do not anticipate an issue with data, we highly recommend completing a back up of data before any major tax event. This step is optional. Please work with your IT Department to back up your database. If you have an IT Services Contract with Harris Govern, please open a TeamSupport ticket for our Systems team to complete the backup of data.
Assign User Rights
User must have appropriate user rights before beginning the Certification process.
- Browse to PACS Action Button>Tools>User Configuration
- Under Role Management, browse to appropriate role and click details icon (magnifying glass)
- Under Details, click Edit
- Under Activities, click the checkbox for Certification
- Click Save
Notifying Support and Client Verification of Data – PACS Mobile Clients Only (REQUIRED)
All PACS Mobile clients shall notify support before continuing with the process. Please note that client should NOT MOVE FORWARD with completing your process until this step is fully completed.
At a minimum, the following must occur:
- Pending Changes Marked as Complete: These must be QC ‘Approved’ OR, if the changes are not wanted in PACS, ‘Reject’ the accounts individually or in bulk.
- CAUTION: Pending Changes 24 + Hrs: These Must be ‘Marked as Complete’ and QC ‘Approved’, OR they may be set as ‘Reviewed’ in Bulk and then ‘Rejected’ if none of the changes are wanted in PACS.
- CAUTION: Unsynced Changes (Approved): If accounts are in this list, please notify Support in order to help sync these accounts to PACS.
- Sync Failed = Yes: If there are any results returned in this filter, please enter a ticket with the title ‘TRIM-Sync Failed account(s)’.
Important: If there are any Sync Failed accounts, notify support. You ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT begin this procedure with sync failed properties.
- If you’ve been transferred to DCS Support to support the mobile application, please open a FreshDesk with Data Cloud Solutions.
- If you have not been transferred to DCS Support to suppor the mobile application, please open a TeamSupport ticket with Harris Govern.
Assigning a Single Work Station to Process Certification
We recommend dedicating a Single Workstation to Certification Processing. For most clients, the certification process should take less than 30 minutes. Once the process is completed, the staff can view it. Only the workstation that is being used to run certification should be logged into PACS. All other PACS Appraisal users must be logged off. PACS Collections users, however, can remain logged on during certification.
NOTE: Harris Govern recommends that the client wait 2-3 days before creating New Year Layer, in order to be certain they are satisfied with the results. Once New Year Layer is created, you cannot un-certify the system in the previous year.
Verify Tax District Levies for the Current Year
- In Search, user will browse to Tax District.
- Double Click on the applicable Districts and verify through the levy tab that the percentage listed is correct for the current year.
Special Assessments are certified separately. After certifying year layer, please see the Special Assessment section discussing Certifying Special Assessments.
3.Recalculating and Reviewing Error Report
User will use this procedure to recalculate properties and address error report.
- Browse to PACS Action Button>Activities>Mass Maintenance (Property)>Mass Recalculation
- User choose appropriate criteria
- Click Recalculate
- User is notified that Mass Recalculation is complete through InBox
NOTE: Some Counties will have a SQL job created so that it will recalculate properties nightly. If this is of interest to you, please open a TeamSupport ticket for our Systems Department.
Reviewing Recalculation Error Report
We highly recommend users correct errors on the recalculation report. To view the report:
- Browse to PACS Action Button > Reports > Recalculation Error Report
- Choose the criteria desired (Year, Sort, as of RC#)
- Choose the output settings desired (Format, Filename, Description)
- Click Preview or Post
- User is notified in InBox when report is completed.
User should review and correct errors in the Recalculation Error Report before proceeding to next steps. If you have questions about what is on your Recalculation Error Report, please contact Support.
4.Running Certification Procedure
Users will run this process to complete the Certification process.
- Browse to Activities>Administration>Certification>Certify
- When this menu is clicked, a menu item will appear
- Year – Current Appraisal Year
- # of Appraisal Errors – this will display the number of recalculation errors for the current year.
NOTE: If the recalculation finds errors, a warning message will appear. We highly recommend user resolves all property recalculation errors.
- Recalculation Error Report button – this will allow the user to run the Recalculation Error Report.
- Click Certify
- A confirmation message will appear. Users will click ‘Yes’ to continue. Clicking ‘No’ will end the process.
The following things will occur when the Certification Process is run:
- All properties will be recalculated in the Current Appraisal Year
- If the Current Appraisal Year is a Non-Assessment Year the properties that do not have the “Allow Value Updates” flag set will be excluded from Recalculation
- Property data for the Current Appraisal Year will be captured to be used at a later time
- The Year will be set to be in a Certification state
- A System Event will be created (C for Certified)
- When the year layer is in the Certification state and the user opens a property in that year, the user will NOT be able to make changes to the property. The user must Roll Correct the property in order to make a change.
5.Undoing Certificaton Procedures
Users will run this process to undo Certification Procedure.
Browse to PACS Action Button>Activities>Administration>Certification>Undo Certify
NOTE: If this menu item is not enabled, it means that the user does not have appropriate user rights, the preliminary certification was not processed, or the current appraisal year is already in a certified state.
- Once this process is started, a confirmation message will be rendered “Are you sure you want to undo Certification?”
- User selects Yes
- The Undo Certification process is completed.
At this time the following changes have occurred in the System:
- A progress dialog will be displayed to the user which will be updated with information from the steps below:
- Property data captured during the Certification process will be deleted
- The year will be removed from the Certification state
- An Event will be created = ‘UC’ for Uncertified.
6.Form 11A Report
User will complete these steps to run Form 11A documentation for the State.
- Browse to PACS Application Button>Reports>State Tax Commission Reports>Form 11A.
- Complete fields as applicable