1.What is New Year Layer in PACS?
The New Year Layer procedure creates a New Year in PACS, copies properties and prepares the Assessor to start the Appraisal process.
Back up of Database (Optional)
While we do not anticipate an issue with data, we highly recommend completing a back up of data before any major tax event. This step is optional. Please work with your IT Department to back up your database. If you have an IT Services Contract with Harris Govern, please open a TeamSupport ticket for our Systems team to complete the backup of data.
Notifying Support and Client Verification of Data – PACS Mobile Clients Only (REQUIRED)
All PACS Mobile clients shall notify support before continuing with the process. Please note that client should NOT MOVE FORWARD with completing your process until this step is fully completed.
At a minimum, the following must occur:
- Pending Changes Marked as Complete: These must be QC ‘Approved’ OR, if the changes are not wanted in PACS, ‘Reject’ the accounts individually or in bulk.
- CAUTION: Pending Changes 24 + Hrs: These Must be ‘Marked as Complete’ and QC ‘Approved’, OR they may be set as ‘Reviewed’ in Bulk and then ‘Rejected’ if none of the changes are wanted in PACS.
- CAUTION: Unsynced Changes (Approved): If accounts are in this list, please notify Support in order to help sync these accounts to PACS.
- Sync Failed = Yes: If there are any results returned in this filter, please enter a ticket with the title ‘TRIM-Sync Failed account(s)’.
Important: If there are any Sync Failed accounts, notify support. You ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT begin this procedure with sync failed properties.
3.Review Exemption Settings
Prior to running the New Year Layer, we highly recommend that user check all exemption settings to be sure they are set to renew or expire properly.
- In PACS Application Menu, choose Tools>Code Maintenance>Exemptions>Exemption Definition
- Review each exemption code, making sure the Auto Renew and Auto Reset boxes are checked properly
4.Special Assessment - End of Year
End after Year is a check box on the Special Assessment Agency that allows user to remove special assessments prior to creating the New Year Layer. PACS looks to see if the box is checked, then if the year entered is less than or equal to the current year, the New Year Layer will NOT copy the special assessment data for that agency.
5.Create New Year Layer
Create New Year Layer of data for the new appraisal year
- In PACS Application Menu, choose Activities>Administration>Certification>Create New Year
- Complete the appropriate data and click Create New
- Include Deleted properties from Current Year – this option will give user option to copy up deleted data to the New Year Layer. User can identify if they want to copy of deleted records for Real, Mobile Home, Mineral, Personal, or Auto.
- Copy Tax Return Value to Flat Value if Tax Return Value (R) is value method – this affects personal property. If the value method R (for rendered value) is applied, if checked, PACS will take the rendered value and place in Flat Value for the New Year created.
- Include Future Year Layer Properties (included Deleted Properties) and Tables – if user has Future Year Layer created, this checkbox will notify PACS to copy the Future Year Layer into the New Year.
- Include Preliminary Properties – this checkbox will include preliminary properties
- Reset/Renew Exemptions – this checkbox will have PACS check and reset/renew exemptions.
6.Undo New Year Layer
This will allow user to Undeo the New Year Layer.
- In PACS Application Menu, choose Activities>Administration>Certification>Undo Create New Year
- User will receive prompts
- If Applications/Exemptions exist in the new year, user will be promoted that active applications could be deleted and/or have to removed manually.
- User will be prompted with notification of “This process will delete the systems current year layer. Please ensure all users are logged off the system before proceeding”. Click OK to proceed or Cancel to cancel procedure.
- Process completes; User is notified that New Year Layers process is undone.